Monday, May 10, 2010

Digital Studio Techniques

ok well here goes round two of this class. i felt like i grew so much from taking this last summer that i wanted to do it again. Last time i feel like i focused alot on figure and portraits and i would like to continue with that but i would like to try my hand at some environmental paintings this summer as well. I have spent this alot of off time collecting images that i have wanted to do studies off of and incorporate them into my work but felt i was always lacking time. Now i feel like i am going to have that chance.
I also thought i could work with trying to get a digital inking style down this summer. I have talked to several members of comic book club and we have a idea of a super hero comic books series we would like to put together. So doing studies will help in that project then it gets rolling.
Also Jeff and I were talking about having a illustration battle competition as some of you already know. We were talking about giving each round a short deadline so it would simulate having to do rush jobs. In turn i am starting tomorrow going to try and do at least two 2 hour paintings done a week on top of the master study and the original project.
I realize this is alot to do in a short weeks time but it can only help and i am ready to get this party started

2 comments:

  1. Those sound like good goals. Glad to have you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Let me know what happens with the Illustration battle. I'd be interested in trying that out. :D

    ReplyDelete