Tuesday, July 28, 2009

W.I.P


My second day of work is moving just as well as yesterday. I started today by creating a new layer and lowering the opacity to 50% and started building volume. I also started thinking about how extreme lighting from the lighting would effect the things around it (hammer, skin, clouds...). I began working and making color changes through the piece. By now i have about 25-30 layers. I like to at this point go through and combined layers so i can manage them better. I also for fun go through and turn layers off and on to see what it dose to the piece. Sometime i find that by deleting a layer all together makes a piece stronger. In this case it worked i believe. I found that having some of the flat wight from the background layer gave it more of a sky feel.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! At this point I think that I would take some photos as reference where you get someone into that pose exactly like you have it now. If you could light the model in a similar fashion that would be a huge plus. I don't think that you would have to put them in costume. Print out what you have and rotate it till a model could do the pose lying down on something.

    ReplyDelete